Thursday, August 8, 2013

New Voices, New Worlds: Guest Starring K.B. Ashford

I believe strongly in paying it forward. A lot of people were kind enough to help me at the beginning of my journey by hosting me on their blogs and now it's time for me to the same. For the next two months, every Thursday, I'll be bringing you a bevy of talented writers and some damn fine people I am blessed to call my friends.

This week we have the Incredibly Cool and Creative K.B. Ashford in our sights. Now, belly up to the bar and sit a spell, hear?

First and foremost, tell us a little bit about yourself, a mini bio that tells us all need to kno
w about you in just 3 sentences.

I’m shy, quiet until you get to know me and have zero self confidence.  I can be your best friend, or your worst enemy, but mostly your best friend cause I don’t like bitches. ;) Oh, and I’m the girl that married her high school sweetheart, first boyfriend and only love, ever.

What’s currently cooking in that brilliant brain of yours?

I’m in the process of writing my first book; it’s about a woman  named Lorelei that is dealing with a not-so-easy hand in the game of poker that is life.

What part of the day motivates you most?

Nighttime.  I feel more at peace with myself when the moon is out, the crickets are humming and my living room is lit up with my stained-glass light bulb in my favorite lamp. :D

Dr. Seuss, Dr. Who or Dr. House?

Can’t I have them all?

Favorite author and why?

I don’t have a favorite.  There are too many stories out there, and too many amazing authors that have impacted my life for me to just pick one.

Do you have a certain style of writing or are you still trying to find it?

Style?  Is K.B-Style a style?  I guess I am still trying to find it, find my niche and motivation.

Music when you write? If so, what’s on your playlist?

Not necessarily.  I tend to have Pandora up on Classic Rock radio or Adele radio.  Sometimes I slip into The Heavy.  It all just depends on my mood.

Do you have a particular genre you’re obsessed with?

Books, I assume?  I love para-romance.  I’ve recently gotten into mystery, too.  Sci-fi and fantasy.  Anything that breaks the monotony of regular, every day life.  Why would I want to read about a normal person’s trouble when I have issues of my own to deal with?

Twilight Zone, Snapped or Reality Shows?

Snapped and reality TV.  It’s a curse, an addiction if you will. :D

Pen name or using your own? If using a Pen Name, what inspired your choice?

I am using a pen-name.  It is a combo of my RL initials and a made up last name that has meaning to me; my husband calls me Cinder (I have red hair), hence the name ‘Ashford’.

Fave food or drink?

Drink = Green Tea (Arizona or Liptons), Rockstar Energy Drinks and Cherry Coke.
Food = spaghetti, tacos (tamales!), mac and cheese.  The list goes on and on; I love food almost as much as I love to cook it!

Finally, give us some advice you’d have for all the dreamers out there who want to become doers.

Don’t give up.  Don’t ever give up no matter what.  Because your story could very well be the one that changes someone’s life, just as your favorite author’s story changed yours. <3

You can keep up with this smexy talent and hear more at: 


www.facebook.com/kbashford.author 

No comments:

Post a Comment