Thursday, August 22, 2013

New Voices, New Worlds: Guest Starring Keely Myers

I believe strongly in paying it forward in ALL facets of my life. A lot of people were kind enough to help me in the beginning of my own journey, hosting me on their blogs, so it is with great pride that I'm able to give back.

This week, I have the quirky and candid  Keely Myers visiting my blog! Keely is a new and wonderful talent just getting ready to dazzle this world. And she is someone I am proud to call a good friend! So ya'll get comfy, grab a seat, something to nom or drink and join me as I dig into her brain a bit. 

First and foremost, tell us a little bit about yourself, a mini bio that tells us all need to know about you in just 3 sentences.
            College student. Aspiring writer who hopes she can be published one day.. Caring and thoughtful.

What’s currently cooking in that brilliant brain of yours?
            At the moment... I'm working on some historical. The idea came to me and it just hasn't left yet.

What part of the day motivates you most?
            Hmm, early evening that leads into the night. It's a time when I can sit down and relax.. and get some work done.

Dr. Seuss, Dr. Who or Dr. House?
            Dr. Seuss, grew up with him. Love the movie adaptions. I plan on reading my children his books as well.

Favorite author and why?
            My fav author would have to be Debbie Macomber. I love her writing, her books, and the tale that she weaves.

Do you have a certain style of writing or are you still trying to find it?
            I haven't found my style of writing.. so I guess you'd say that I'm still trying to find it. I hope one day though, to work something in each genre; that I plan to play around with.

Music when you write? If so, what’s on your playlist?
            Haha.. ha.. ha... You don't want to know what's on my play-list... but if you must... There's something from pretty much every genre.

Do you have a particular genre you’re obsessed with?
            Reading? Heck ya. Fiction Romance... well... and historical..

Twilight Zone, Snapped or Reality Shows?
            Reality Shows... I'm bad...

Pen name or using your own? If using a Pen Name, what inspired your choice?
            Pen name... I knew that I wanted something different because my name is just... so plain to me.. It's not something that would jump out at me on a bookshelf.

Fave food or drink?
            I'm to die for a couple local pizza joints in the CNY (Central New York) area. So, I'd have to say that pizza is my fave food. My fave drink would have to the Pure Leaf Raspberry Iced Tea.

Finally, give us some advice you’d have for all the dreamers out there who want to become doers.
            The advice I'll give is the advice that I've been given. If you dream then you can succeed. Put the pen to the paper, the fingers to the keyboard. Write. Let the words flow from your fingers and most importantly... Keep on keepin' on.. If its your dream to write, then write. No one can do it for you.

Want to see more Keely? Then check out her page at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Keely-Myers/207468625937392

No comments:

Post a Comment