Thursday, September 12, 2013

New Worlds, New Voices: Guest Starring Jeannie Wise




First and foremost, tell us a little bit about yourself, a mini bio that tells us all need to know about you in just 3 sentences.

I am married with one son, one daughter and four grandsons.

I love anything to do with nature, camping, the beach, motorcycle riding in the mountains or just sitting quietly watching wildlife.

I am an avid reader and have been writing for as long as I can remember.

What’s currently cooking in that brilliant brain of yours?

Crystal’s Unicorn is my WIP. Crystal finds herself caught up not only in a love triangle but slap in the middle of an impending battle between the two men she loves and an exceptionally powerful vampire named Selena. Selena will stop at nothing to destroy both Franco and Bonaventura and if she gets half a chance there’s nothing she’d like better than to make the two men watch her rip Crystal’s throat out. When the relationship between Vent as she calls him and Franco is revealed to her Crystal will question what she perceives to be good and evil. The choices she makes could leave three lives hanging in the balance. 

What part of the day motivates you most?

When the sun goes down my wheels begin to turn.

Dr. Seuss, Dr. Who or Dr. House?

Dr. Seuss. I love his language. Yuzz-a-ma-tuzz, nizzards, fiffer-fefferfeff jogg-oons,
And my favorite diffendoofer. Some days I am tempted to speak Seuss to people just to make that say what the f**k have you been smoking.

Favorite author and why?

Charles Dickens. I fell hopelessly in love with A Tale of Two Cities when I was a teen.
I love David Copperfield too. There is something within his characterization that grabbed hold of me in my youth and has never let go.

Do you have a certain style of writing or are you still trying to find it?

I’m still searching for my genre. I may have to let the readers define me because I don’t think that I can lock myself into a category just yet.

Music when you write? If so, what’s on your play list?

The play list up on my laptop right now is a mix of David Garrett, Bruno Mars, Maroon Five and Bon Jovi. It depends on my mood and what I am writing about. If an intense love scene is a foot then I put a David Garrett music DVD on. He’s pays with unmatched passion that shows in his face and body movements, like sex on a stick. Wink wink

Do you have a particular genre you’re obsessed with?

I can’t say I am obsessed with any one genre. I am reading some vampire romance novels because that is what I am writing at the moment. I do own three books that are prized possessions A Tale of Two Cities, David Copperfield and Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam.

Twilight Zone, Snapped or Reality Shows?

I don’t care for Reality TV and I’ve never watched Snapped. Twilight Zone would have to be my choice.

Pen name or using your own? If using a Pen Name, what inspired your choice?

My own name.

Fave food or drink?

I live on coffee (or Pepsi Max) and Lance cream cheese & chives crackers

Finally, give us some advice you’d have for all the dreamers out there who want to become doers. 

All you can do is do it. Work at what you love a little each day until you find your own way.
A quote from the good Doctor Seuss:
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
Any direction you choose.
You’re on your own
And you know what you know
And you are the one who’ll decide where to go…


Want more of the Fab Jeannie? You can follow her at:

Twitter  Jeannie Wise @ Crystals Unicorn 

1 comment: