Thursday, October 10, 2013

New Voices, New Worlds: Guest Starring Perci T. Brooks!

First and foremost, tell us a little about yourself. A mini-bio, in three sentences. Go!


I am a cat & cow lover, who enjoys Japanese rock/pop music & Korean rock/pop music. I love anime (the general anime and the Yaoi anime), along with general manga and Yaoi manga. I so happen to enjoy reading and cross stitching.

What do you have cooking in that brain of yours? 

I got tons of stuff. I’m very LGBT friendly, so I got some ideas for same sex couples brewing up in there, along with anything that pops into my head. I just hope people are ready for what I have to bring to the table. I’m a little bit ahead of my time as they say.

What part of the day motivates you most?

Late afternoons to early evenings I’ve got to say. 

Dr. Who, Dr. House or Dr. Seuss? 

Dr. House and Dr. Seuss. I would love a doctor like House and Seuss was/is always fun to read. I’ve never watched Dr. Who, but I somewhat know what it’s about.

Do you have a certain writing style or are you still searching?

 I have to be organized. All my characters and plots are written down in notebooks. So that way I can go to a certain notebook for whichever characters I need to look up.

Music when you write? If so, give us a hint as to what's on your playlist. 

I love music. Can’t be without it. I listen to Duran Duran, Gackt, Adam Lambert, Queen, Miyavi, Versailles, New Kids on the Block, NU’EST, Jupiter, Kamijo, An Café, Joe Jonas, Selena Gomez, Moi dix Mois, SHINee, Art Cube, Super Junior, etc…

Any particular genre you're obsessed with? 

I’m obsessed with Yaoi, also known as BL (short for Boys Love). I love writing it. Yeah, I’ll write other genres, but I just love Male/Male genre.

Twilight Zone, Snapped or Reality Shows? 

Snapped. Love that show. It can be very inspirational sometimes and I’m a very creative person.

Fave food and drink?

Usually chocolate and some Dr. Pepper. Yum

Is there any excerpts of writing or samples of poetry you'd be willing to share with us today? 

Forced into sexual, submissive slavery at age 12, Mika, a half incubus/half vampire hybrid has only known humiliation and pain at the hands of his master. A powerful warlock capable of commanding the darkest magic, Douché will use any means necessary to keep Mika under his thumb. Shrouded in mystery, Echo Delgado has kept a close eye on Mika for years, even feigning a friendship with the dastardly Douché. Timing is everything and this master vampire is far wilier than the demented wizard. But will he act in time to rescue his own destiny or will all be lost?

Lastly, what advice would you have out there for our dreamers who so badly want to become do-ers? 

Never give up on what you want to do. Always do your best to achieve it. I’ve had a lot of supporters and idols to help me along the way.

Links:
Perci T. Brooks FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/PerciTBrooks
Perci T. Brooks: https://www.facebook.com/writinghime (You can actually friend me)


No comments:

Post a Comment