Friday, October 11, 2013

Fabu Friday Spotlight! Featuring the Sexy and Saucy Sheri Velarde/Kelly Ryan!

First and foremost, tell us a little bit about yourself, a mini bio that tells us all need to know about you in just 3 sentences.
I like to think of myself as a renaissance woman, a woman of many faces. I am an author, an artist, a comic
creator, a pretty darn good chef, an animal lover, a cancer survivor, a do-gooder, a rocker chick and so much more. I am always up to something and am always willing to try something new!

What’s currently cooking in that brilliant brain of yours?
About a dozens things at once! I am working on a sequel to my novella, Alone No More. I am in the middle of edits for an upcoming novella, Not So Silent Night, set to come out in December. I am also working on three different short stories for anthologies, a novel based on Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night" and cleaning up a fantasy romance novel and non-fiction manuscript. Guess I am a busy girl!

What part of the day motivates you most?
Getting up and exercising. I get some time to clear my head, talk to myself and work on writing ideas. Some of my best ideas come from walks and runs. Plus as a cancer survivor, taking care of my health is very important to me.

Dr. Seuss, Dr. Who or Dr. House?
Dr. Who for sure!

Music when you write? If so, what’s on your playlist?
Yes, I listen to music all the time. Usually metal. Yep, I am a metal chick! So my playlist consists of Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Huntress, Rob Zombie… the list goes on and on.

Twilight Zone, Snapped or Reality Shows?
Hmmm, tough one as I like Twilight Zone, but I love certain reality shows too! Like Ex-Wives of Rock, The Voice, and others. So toss up!

Fave food or drink?
Fave drink is most certainly coffee! Can my favorite food be coffee too? I might have a slight coffee addiction… slight! lol


Blurb:
Kol is trying to outrun her troubled past and start anew. She is finally living the life she always wanted in NYC, where she has met the man of her dreams, Nick. Just when her future is looking bright, an infection takes hold of the country, sending her and Nick on a race for their lives. Now Kol must face the pain she wanted to leave behind forever, in order for anyone to have a future.

Excerpt:
Not knowing why, not examining her actions or thinking about the consequences, Kol leaned forward and kissed Nick on the lips. She was very tentative at first, but when he put up no resistance, she deepened the kiss, parting his lips with her tongue, truly tasting him. She moved closer to him, turning and practically crawling onto his lap. As way of encouragement, Nick reached down and pushed his seat all the way back, giving Kol all the room she needed to continue her course of action. Needing no further invitation, she crawled onto him, straddling him, all the while never breaking their passionate kiss.
Once she was on top of him, Kol lost a little bit of her confidence, some of the self-doubt that had always followed her around began to work its way back into her psyche. Nick could clearly sense that something wrong, for he brought both his hands up to her face and held her gaze as he spoke to her.
"This is a traumatic time; we don't have to do anything if you don't want to. I don't want to make matters worse for you. I only want to protect you, make you feel safe."
"You do make me feel safe. Plus, I have wanted you since the moment that I laid eyes on you; I just don't want to force you to do something out of pity or..." Kol trailed off, finding it impossible to put into words that she her fears that a man like Nick could ever want damaged goods like her.
Nick brought his lips slowly and deliberately back to hers and kissed her gently. "I wanted you when I first saw you move into the building. You are a gorgeous woman and if we had not seen those helicopters and planes from the roof of the building, I think you would have been spending the night in my bed. So trust me when I say, I am doing nothing out of pity here. Lust yes, pity no."

Purchase link: Breathless Press
Author Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment