Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"True North" Will Show You The Way Home

My friend, Allie, had a new release drop yesterday.She hosted a fantastic gig that many authors and fans attended via Facebook. I'd meant to attend, but unfortunately, circumstances kept me from participating when I said I would. I felt horrid and so I decided to just give over my blog today again to the fab lady writer who always does so much for so many.

At this last posting, "True North" was ranked #3,438 Paid in Kindle Store! 



Allie honey...WONDERFUL JOB! 

The party may have ended but if you all visit this link, you can see her star studded party and discover some new authors as well! The contests are closed but feel free to catch up! 





"When you're lost... True North"

The North brothers were hell on wheels-adrenaline-junky bad boys. You’d think they had a death wish – every one of them – but they didn’t really, they just got off on the thrill of pushing every limit, that gravity or any other force told them they couldn’t conquer. What they weren't prepared for were the women that would steal their hearts.

Book 1 True North Finding Home Livie and Jake

Livie Morrisey is dreading seeing Jake after his heroic homecoming from Afghanistan. She's been in love with Jake North since she was a little girl, but he was three-and-a-half years older than her and her big brother’s best friend. She was always nothing but the off-limits little sister – until the night before Jake left for the Army, when he'd given her her first kiss. They'd kept in touch for a year, but once Jake was deployed to Afghanistan, he'd cut off contact suddenly and she'd never heard from him again. For the past three years Livie has kept herself distracted with homework and her university studies, but now Jake's going to be up close and personal. And Livie can’t decide if tonight's finally the night to prove to Jake she’s all grown up or the night she should let him go forever.

Here's what some fans had to say!
5.0 out of 5 stars True North March 17, 2014
By Kindle Customer
I loved this story. It hit home for me as I have a family member that is suffering from PTSD. I have found myself smiling and crying when I was reading this book. Olivia has been in love with Jake for as long as she can remember. Jake was her older brothers best friend. And thought of her as nothing more or at least that's what she thought. Jake leaves to join the Army when Olivia is 15, and the night he leaves he kisses her for the first time.But after being going for four years and not hearing from him after three years. Olivia is dredging seeing him again at his welcome home party. Where she trys to get him to see her as a woman and not a little kid. Will she finally get to have Jake or will everything from his time in the Army be to much?


4.0 out of 5 stars ~*~*~Refreshing, sweet, sexy and very surprising~*~*~ March 17, 2014
By Scandalous Book Blog
Well, well, well, Allie you made my day the moment I received this book, I know I’ve been bugging you for it! ;-) Now do not take lightly what I am going to say next; a while ago Crashed (from you know who) came out and no other book could keep me interested or exited afterwards. True North on the other hand kept me up until the early hours of the morning; I finished it in one sitting! Soon as I was done I told Allie about it and she informed me that I was the first person to read the book after her editor, I felt so honored! Be ready to read Livie and Jake’s story it’ll be one hell of a thrilling ride!!!

It is not your classic girl likes older brother best friend story, NO, they share a connection that goes so much deeper! Already from a young age Livie knows that she loves Jake and without the knowing of their friends and family they form a bond that’ll bind them for life. Now, you didn’t think their journey was going to be this easy did you?! ;-) The problem is that once Jake reaches the age of 18 he gets deployed overseas in Iraq – Yeah ladies, swoon away, he is an army man! – and he takes off for the next 4 years, leaving Livie behind. Before he leaves they share a moment together that’ll make their bond infinite. On and off for the first year, they write and talk to each other every single day – that is until something happens and Jake never speaks to Livie again for the next three years.

That brings us back to the present. In the mean while Livie started college but never seemed to get over Jake. On her way back home after her first month in college her best friend (Jake’s sister btw) informs her that he is back and she is expected to attend his welcome home party… That is where sparks will ignite and their fragile relationship takes their first steps into the future. I loved that party scene! She was such a freaking badass! :D Oooh and Jakey is such a tattooed, bad boy, alpha male – Swooning much already… A catch phrase that I made up yesterday that made Allie laugh – “Jakey, Jakey, eggs and bakey” – LMFAO!!! *Rolling over the ground laughing her ass of* xD

In the next following weeks their relationship will develop – a bumpy ride for sure – and secrets will come to the surface… What all that entails, you just going to have to read that for yourself! ;-)

That ending was so incredibly beautiful! I want MORE Allie, YOU GOT IT! ;-) Oh, and make sure you listen to the songs that accompanies each chapter – might me a little loud for some – but it fits their story perfectly!
By Sanne
XOXO


5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing NA romance with real heart! March 17, 2014
By N. Hewitt
Okay, I have to start by saying that this won't be a completely unbiased review and it's not going to be formatted like my typical reviews. Why? I edited this book and love the author to pieces, so it's hard for me to separate that from the book itself. In fact, normally I don't even like to review books I edit, but in this case I'm making an exception. Why? Because I think it's awesome and I want you all to read it!

True North: Finding Home centers on Livie, a nineteen year old girl who has been in love with her older brother's best friend, Jake, for as long as she can remember. When Jake went off to join the military, she was miserable, but her misery turned to broken-heartedness when he completely cut off all contact with her a year after he left. Even though she hasn't spoken to him for three years, Livie hasn't been able to forget Jake or to let her hopes for a relationship with him die. But when Jake returns home from Afghanistan, he comes home different - harder, angrier and somehow haunted. She doesn't know if the Jake she loved exists at all any more, or if he will allow her to even get close enough to him to find out.

The thing that separates this book from the typical NA fare is Jake's PTSD and how it's handled. Mousseau does a fantastic job of portraying the anger and heartbreak that often returns home with a soldier who returns from war. Livie and Jake's family struggle to understand what he's going through and he's too ashamed to tell them everything that's going on. His pain is palpable, and you can't help but ache for him and for Livie as she tries to navigate his complex issues and to help him in whatever ways she can.

True North: Finding Home highlights the resiliency of the human spirit, even in the darkest of circumstances and shows us that love and light can truly lead us home.

If you're a fan of NA romance, then you will LOVE this book!

***Disclosure: This book was provided to me by the author for editing purposes and compensation was given. All opinions are my own, but I can't claim to be unbiased on this one!***

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing- looks like a good read. Love the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you milady Decadent for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete