Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sisterhood of the Traveling Blog: Blog 2: Featuring A.L. Kessler


The question has been brought up what do you do when you’re not writing. Before answering, I always try to imagine not writing…then I picture myself sleeping, after that I think of the other random things I do to fill my time. The majority of my time is spent as a mother, I write when my baby is napping or asleep for the night, but being a mother really isn’t something I do when I’m not writing, it something I always do, so I don’t think that really answers the question.  I read, a lot. I love reading and my collection of books, but that I consider being part of being an author.

So okay, what do I do to procrastinate, unwind, or when I’m avoiding writing? We’ll go with that question.

I play video games, currently my game of choice is Minecraft on the computer. There is just something about clicking away on those little squares and spending countless hours building things. I have my husband to thank for that one and it’s a great way to spend time with him.






I like to craft, I crochet a little bit, I knit kind of and I sew. I have a mound of yarn and fabric has taken over my garage. Sewing is my favorite out of the three crafts and I love doing costumes. I’m an anime nerd and I love the challenge of doing cosplay costumes for conventions, though sadly I no longer attend anime conventions.

Every Friday I have what I call a minion date, where a friend comes over and we catch up on some reality TV. (Yay Dancing with the stars!) Though, I don’t know if I would count that as a hobby or a way of procrastinating, because we always end up bouncing ideas around for the next book.  So there you have it, that’s what I do when I’m avoiding writing, other people call it hobbies.

Find me:
Twitter: @a_l_kessler

Evernight Vol II:  


Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Evernight-Vol-2-ebook/dp/B009LLZHX4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351481179&sr=8-1&keywords=evernight+vol+2
XoXo Publishing:http://www.xoxopublishing.com/Products/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=Evernight+vol+2&product_id=307

No comments:

Post a Comment